Monday, January 2, 2012

Garden of Kama Research: Foundry Books


Today I took a look through my collection of the excellent Foundry Books by Ian Heath. I have the whole "Armies of the 19th Century Series" and was looking in particular at the volumes for the North-Eastern Frontier of India, and also Burma and Indo-China. Both these volumes have information about some fairly exotic tribes and armies that are a little off the beaten path.

I'd already decided to base some of the armies on the traditional Indian Order of Battle: Elephants, Chariots, Cavalry and then Infantry. Reading about the Burmese and Shan armies has given me more ideas about how the armies will be organized...

Haven't decided about firearms though. Part of me wants them, but the other part not so much. Maybe just matchlocks...?

No comments:

Post a Comment