Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A is for Apocrita


According to Wikipedia, Apocrita is a suborder of insects that includes wasp, bees and ants.

To quote: "The term wasp is typically defined as any insect of the order Hymenoptera and suborder Apocrita that is neither a bee nor an ant."

The picture is of a giant wasp, formerly sold by Mega Miniatures as part of one of their sci-fi ranges. Last year the molds were sold off and while someone else bought the sci/fi range, they did not want the wasp so I picked up that.

I am intending on doing some fantasy riders...

6 comments:

  1. Great site, and certainly a... different acquisition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I used to collect and paint minitures. Great post, now I have to find my box of creatures :) Happy A to Z
    Gladiator's Pen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You painted that? Well done.
    Welcome to the A to Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not I, I'm afraid. It's a photo Mega Miniatures supplied me with. I have taken the first steps to getting them back into production, ordering 60 units from our casting company. Of course, I still need to get riders sculpted, or people can supply their own riders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When are the posts for other alphabets due?

    www.volatilespirits.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to me and FREAKY this APOCRITA! #AtoZchallenge ☮Peace ☮ ღ ONE ℒℴνℯ ღ ☼ Light ☼ visiting from http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete